- Dry season (October ~ May) : 14 ~ 18°C or 55 ~ 85°F
- Rainy season(June ~ September) : 10 ~ 24°C or 45 ~ 75°F
- 8,000 feet (2,400 meters)
- Volunteers can change money at MCM
(Old US dollar issued earlier than 2000 is not exchangeable.)
- Tidy clothing in public places (long sleeves or 3/4 sleeves)
- Running shoes or sandals off duty
- A volunteer would need sweaters, jackets, or parkas in the morning and at night.
- A volunteer may not have to wear shorts except for exercise because of cold weather.
Things to prepare
- Electric warming pad(single size) is a must so you should bring one on your own due to short supply. It is hard to buy a electric warming pad in Ethiopia so it should be personally prepared.
- Lap-top or personal computer : Internet access is available at the accommodation.
- Bedding : Sheets and blankets are provided.
- Other stuff to personally prepare: umbrella, hat, sunblock, books, socks, air-sol (mosquito spray), and personal favorites (e.g. instant noodle).
- Purchasable items : toilet paper, soap, toothbrush, and suchlike provisions can be purchased at MCM and near markets.
- Malaria pills are not necessary within Addis Ababa. (They are needed only for visiting the other areas in Ethiopia.)
- Other medicine : headache pill, diarrhea medicine, constipation medicine, digestive medicine, Band-Aid and so forth)
- Korean food is available at the guest house dining hall.
- The hospital cafeteria provides food, snack, drinks, and etc.
- Electric is 220 volts, 50 Hz.
# Any appliance that has a motor is not allowed to use.
Medicine to donate
- When a volunteer brings medicine or equipments to donate, the volunteer is supposed to …
- put “Donation” on the medicine or equipments
- make a list the items to donate
- have a receipt of the minimum price for the donation :
The money value should be minimum because tax will be added about three times when the donated items are entered into Ethiopia.
- Before arrival, send those documents by fax (+251-11-629-2795) or e-mail for procedure.
- put the items separated in suitcases when enters Ethiopia.
- Sunday service : 10 a.m.
- Wednesday service : 7 p.m.# If a volunteer serves children ministry, adult ministry, choir or praise team,
the practice time shall be informed after the volunteer¡’s arrival.